TRON Chief Justin Sun Broadcasts BTFS Mainnet Highlights
The globally renowned business personality and spearhead of the Tron Foundation, Justin Sun, released a series of posts on his Twitter handle highlighting the chief features of BTFS Mainnet. The BitTorrent File System or BTFS live-streamed last week, making it available for download and use by the community. One can access the official website of BTFS to earn BTT anytime and anywhere at their convenience.
BitTorrent File System takes pride as one of the first scalable decentralized storage network that strives to solve the various limitations inherent in the traditional storage solutions. In 2019, Tron officially launched the BTFS Testnet, which laid the foundation for the integration of BTFS with the Tron blockchain and BTT network. Coupled with Tron, DLive, and thousands of DApps through interconnection, BTFS boasts of a globally distributed network access.
In one of his Twitter posts, Justin elaborated on the six prominent advantages of BTFS over other storage solutions available in the market. The salient features of BTFS include:
- Low cost
- High-end decentralization
- Innovative incentive methodology
- Improved encryption mechanism
- User-friendly UI
Justin mentioned about the six mining revenue variations present in the BitTorrent File System framework in his Twitter thread. These included:
- Storage space mining
- BTFS storage space mining competition
- Node repair mining
- Node reputation mining
- Storage verification mining
- CDN storage mining
Tron chief, Justin Sun also drew a comparison between BTFS and Filecoin in his social media post by pointing out some crucial differences between the two, such as:
- BTFS is the brainchild of BitTorrent, the official developer of BitTorrent protocol, and one of the leading file transfer solutions in the market.
- Both BTT and BTFS hit the industry much before IPFS and Filecoin, which are comparatively new products in the storage domain.
- BitTorrent is a trusted name with more than 100M MAU in its network, whereas IPFS is presently in its developing stage.