With the recent rise in crypto trading among new and veteran crypto enthusiasts, many crypto prices are gaining momentum. Filecoin (FIL) crypto emerged in 2014, and for the last eight years, it has had its highs and lows. When crypto prices plunged in 2021, Filecoin stood tall and reached an excellent price peak. Filecoin admirers and traders look forward to such peaks that will tremendously boost the price.
So, is Filecoin still a good investment? Can it register more such peaks? Let’s find out all here!
Factors Influencing FIL Token’s Value
While numerous factors like technological advancements and investments in top cryptocurrencies influence the price of Filecoin, the following are the 5 main ones.
- Node Count: The node count shows the total number of active wallets in a network. It indicates the power of a particular crypto community. Therefore, a high node count signifies a robust community, whereas a low node count implies the opposite. Furthermore, a high node count may indicate a network’s strength and decentralization; both are crucial elements in the context of cryptocurrency.
- Scarcity: The price of a cryptocurrency will rise if the supply is constrained. In the meantime, the price will drop if more cryptocurrencies are produced. Additionally, some crypto projects burn or, in other words, permanently remove the current coins by sending them to a blockchain address that cannot be retrieved. It is a crucial method of supply management.
- Cost of Production: Another element influencing the value of cryptocurrencies is the cost of production. Miners employ specialized servers or hardware to create new tokens and verify regular network transactions. They are compensated for their diligent labor with a network charge and virtual tokens. So, crypto’s market price can grow if mining becomes more expensive.
- Cryptocurrency Exchanges: A token’s availability across several exchanges indicates that more people are trading, purchasing, or investing in it. However, investors need to pay a charge for each swap if they need to switch their cryptos on two or more exchanges, ultimately raising the cost of their investment.
- Government Regulations: As cryptocurrencies are decentralized, many countries are concerned about them and take action to regulate the market. Their actions may result in more centralization in the crypto market, which may influence the value of cryptocurrencies.
Filecoin’s Journey in 2023
In Q3 of 2023, Filecoin traded with an average price of around $4.00. Based on Cryptonewsz’s Filecoin prediction, they estimate a slight price increase for Filecoin in Q4 2023. The storage market for Filecoin grew in Q2 of 2023, with active trades increasing by 64% QoQ. Additionally, Filecoin Virtual Machine enabled new use cases like decentralized computing, perpetual storage, and liquid staking.
Future of Filecoin
The market conditions, increased usage, collaborations, and technological updations are expected to contribute to Filecoin’s price reaching new heights. FIL has garnered much attention as a potential investment in the blockchain and digital currency industries.
In Q4 of 2023, the FIL price prediction indicates it may reach a maximum of $7.01. Regardless of the volatility and fluctuations that cryptocurrencies like Filecoin experience, many experienced traders are betting on FIL.
Based on the analysis, yes, Filecoin is still a good investment! Not just in 2023, the token is expected to increase its value in the coming years. Filecoin showed promising performances in 2021, and crypto investors and traders can count on the lurking potential of FIL’s new high-level prices. Thus, the future performance of Filecoin seems promising.